Happy New Year!!! 2014…can you believe it? I feel like 2013 was on fast forward…you know, like in that movie ‘Click’? It’s crazy how quickly time goes by.
It was unseasonably cold here in Houston on New Year’s Eve. So Hubby and I spent a quiet, cozy evening on the couch watching the count down in New York on the TV – I’m trying to talk Shaun into taking me to NY next year…I’ve always want to see that magical Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza and experience that crazy New York, New Year in the cold! How did you ring in 2014?
2013 was a year of change for me – it feels like I changed just about everything in my life! It was a lot of fun and at times, a little stressful. Here are my highlights:
- I resigned from a job (and work team) that I loved so much,
- planned a wedding and got married – you can catch our story: here (1), here (2) and here (3),
- sold ‘The Panther’ – my beloved 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer SX (my first brand new car),
- moved out of one bedroom apartment that I shared with my sweet kitty, Winnie for five years,
- bought a brand spankin’ new house with the Hubby – I’m having lots of fun decorating,
- said goodbye to my dear family and friends (who I miss very much!),
- finished another year at University (I’ve only got a couple more semesters to go…ugggh!),
- moved countries – from Australia to the great state of Texas, USA,
- bought a new 4WD and conquer driving on the other side of the road,
- re-branded my blog and began working full time on developing my business; and
- gained some lovely new family/ friends and got reacquainted with my Stateside friends.
I certainly didn’t have a boring time last year, that’s for sure!!
2013 was by far, the most challenging and eventful, yet fun, year of my life. My experiences, both good and bad, have made me a stronger, more determined and focused person than I’ve ever been before – here is to the new year…look out 2014!
I’m eternally grateful for an amazing support network of family and friends – without them, I would have surely concluded my year by being committed to the nearest nut house!! Thank you xx
New Year 2014
So what am I looking forward to this year?
- growing my blog and business – I have some really exciting plans and big goals to achieve this year!
- publishing my first eMagazine, Sent With Love – it’s FREE.
- travelling back to Australia to witness my brother marry his gorgeous lady (very excited!); and
- taking a relaxing holiday in Thailand with Hubs!
I have so many things that I wish to accomplish this year. I believe in dreaming big – you can do anything that you put your whole heart and soul into…ok, coupled with a pinch of dedication, a dash of discipline and a lot of hard work. 2013 may have kicked my butt at times, but I plan to kick 2014 out of the park!
Do you have a big dream or plans that you’ll be working towards in 2014? If you do, leave them in the comments below.
I wish you and your loved ones, an amazing 2014! Thank you all so much for your support and following my blog during 2013. I’m looking forward to bringing you all along on my 2014 journey!