Why I Rebranded My Business
Want me to read this to you?
OMG! My heart feels like it’s filled with exploding pop-rock candy but I also feel like I want to barf at the same time. You see, today is kinda a biggish deal. I’ve been squirrelling away on something for the past 9-months that has been on my mind on-and-off for the past year and a half.
From today onwards, From Shelley With Love will be known as Shelley Elizabeth Designs!
Aghhhh! Yes love, I’ve rebranded and redesigned and I couldn’t be more excited!
From Shelley With Love came to life 7-years ago on a Saturday evening while I was sitting in my tiny one-bedroom apartment in Brisbane, with my beloved kitty Winnie snuggled in my arms – I had just nervously hit publish on my very first blog post… and didn’t tell anyone about her for a while! Lol.
She was the answer to a camera-shy Shelley who really wanted to make YouTube makeup videos,
She was the answer to a creative spark that was beginning to ignite in my heart,
She was the answer to help family + friends with their beauty + makeup questions (which I loved); and
She was the answer to keeping my mind focused when I moved across the world.
She was a little beauty blog – before the beauty blogging industry was so saturated!
Since From Shelley With Love came into the world, a lot has changed both personally and in my business:
- I got married,
- Moved from Australia to the US and have subsequently lived in 3 different states and 4 different homes since moving here almost 6-years ago,
- Began freelancing as a makeup artist for brides and brides-to-be in Houston,
- Redesigned my website 3 times before deciding that I could teach myself to code the 4 time around,
- Put on my big girl britches and started filming YouTube videos (thanks to a little encouragement from my then biz coach and now bestie, Melissa Cassera) – of which, one went viral and now has 12.5 million views! I know, total insanity from a girl that was too scared to make videos in the first place,
- Helped thousands of gorgeous women embrace their body shape and taught them how to style themselves through my one-on-one personal styling services, online classes, and free challenges after my love for all things makeup and beauty grew into adding fashion,
- Added interior styling services in early 2017 after sharing how I designed our new home,
- Kissed goodbye to all aspects of my personal styling work after struggling with some health stuff that forced me to re-evaluate everything in my life, in February 2018; and
- Announced my new business branding, creative direction services in July 2018.
So much has changed for this once little beauty blog – from makeup to personal style, adding interior design, business branding, and recently business/brand photography. She had grown into a business bubbling with beautiful clients, subscribers, and opportunities!
But it was when I was standing in a Sherwin Williams paint store in Fargo, North Dakota that I really decided it was time to change my business name after the sales associate said, “you must be that love girl here to collect the phone order” – yikes!
That Love Girl – it made me want to barf and cringe simultaneously.
It was official, From Shelley With Love had grown up and subsequently outgrown her Name.
Given that I was going to give her a new name, I also decided to take this opportunity to give her a super fun makeover.
And so here we are, love. At the next chapter of this crazy journey!
Allow me to introduce you to…
If you're new here,
I’m Shelley Cohen – designer, creative director, photographer, and crazy cat lady.
I’m super obsessed with helping you swirl together swoony spaces + bespoke brands through omg-worthy…
Custom designed styled photoshoots
Custom designed personal and business interior space
Custom designed websites and online stores
Custom designed graphics, & branding,
Custom designed environmentally conscious packaging
Custom designed social media & other marketing visuals
Custom designed video + stop motion content + more
If you have a design project, campaign, or collaboration you’d like to chat about, email me here, love!
What can you expect from me?
Each week I’ll be updating The Edit (aka the blog) with:
- swoony new client project case studies,
- things I’m currently obsessed with,
- behind the scenes content from brand campaigns (the pieces I can legally share), studio days, and other project stuff; as well as
- drool-worthy articles covering aspects of interior design, branding, creating video content, with the occasional style + beauty post.
You can also catch me on daily over on Instagram – you can find me @shelleyelizabethdesign
I give you a peek behind the scenes of what I’m up to, my travel adventures, things I’m currently obsessed with, changes I’m making to my house, what’s on my desk, you know… stuff like that and other ridiculousness. Oh, and of course LOTS of Herbie mischief – that usually involves a load of catitude!
Join my email community – aka the herbie fan club!
If you previously received From Shelley With Love emails from me, babe I got you – there is no need to sign-up again. But if you’re new here love, and you’re interested in interior design, branding, photography, and swoony stuff, be sure to add your details to the sign-up form below.
COMING THIS FALL…
I’m doing something I’ve NEVER done before – I’ll be launching my first print collection later this fall.
Be sure to sign-up to be the first to know when the collection drops. This will be a super limited release that my email community will get to put their sparkly hands on first.
Stay tuned for behind the scene sneak peeks and more information.
And that's all for now, lover!
This was a scary change to make but one that I knew in my heart was the right decision. I don’t know exactly what the future holds or where it will take me but every piece of my being feels amazing things coming!
With love + confetti,
Shop the Post
Shop the Post